Eclipse is a free and Open source software used for Software Development, Web designing, App Building, and also for Software Testing.It is the software where the programmers code the program to create a application for us.
It is developed by EclipseFoundation You now Know that Eclipse is a software on which the software is developed.It has a working area in which the codes are written by the programmers to create a project.If you are interested , there are several open source projects available for free.Is it confusing? simple answer: If you are not a Computer Science or Software student or programmer then this is not for you.
If you are beginner in program it is advisable that you use text editor Eg Notepad++ or Word pad.But when you come to use eclipse you will definitely feel the difference in how professionals do their projects .
● Theme and icon improvements.
● Responsive user interface monitoring.
● Addition of C and C++ in eclipse.
● New tool for E4 is released.
● Improved static flow analysis.
● Fixes for creating method references from lambda expressions click here.
● Click here about Docker daemon connection from eclipse.
● Direct support from Git Flow
● The new Installer for different languages.
● Automatic Error Reporting to community.
Operating System : Microsoft® Windows® 10 ,Microsoft Windows 8/8.1, Microsoft Windows 7
CPU Type :Minimum Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon™ 64 processor.
Memory :Not specified but minimum 1 GB
Java :Must have Java runtime environment (JRE)
Installation Space : 300 MB (depends on your usage)
Pointing Device :MS-Mouse compliant device
Browser :Windows Internet Explorer® 8.0 (or later)
.NET Framework :.NET Framework Version 4.5
First of all before using Eclipse for developing java you need to install Java development Kit (JDK).If you don’t do that then you can’t run java codes.Click here to download Java version for your system whether it is 64 bit or 32 bit.Install in local disk C.
Now click the download button below this post and download the Installer.Eclipse is a portable software that means you don’t need to install or uninstall it.You can copy and paste and start continuing your project.But in Installer you have to install what you need.Double click and click yes in the alert box and choose Run.
In the next window select the IDE you want to work with. If you want to code java click for Eclipse IDE for java developers then you should follow step no 1.If you use for PHP or Java Script or C++ then you don’t need JDK.
Choose the installation folder.If you are installing Java IDE make sure that you must have JDK installed in that drive else it will not work as expected.So we advise you not to change the default directory.Click on install.
After some time it will take time for downloading files after that click on launch.The eclipse is installed on your PC.
Eclipse is a portable software having rich help and support for your project.Also the user friendly environment of this product keeps ahead of other open source IDE like Netbeans, Notepad++, Intellij, Visual Studio etc.Also a large number of users are big fans of this product.So if you are a newbie use this product.
● Large number of plugins for your project.
● Device Debugging.
● User friendly.
● Best for Java project.
● Does not have easier navigation.
● Some bugs which are annoying.
● for Java Developers
● for C/C++ Developers
● for Android Developers
● for PHP Developers
● for RCP and RAP Developers
● for Testers
● for Scout Developers
● for Java and DSL Developers
Eclipse as a IDE have support multiple languages.The best among them is Java.Also for learning Java or other languages there is a lot of resources on the internet.For some software help click here.
● Contact their forum for bugs and queries.
● Learn Eclipse with Lynda
● Learn Core java from Udemy site with Certification (Recommended).
● Visit you tube for free java tutorials.
● There are lot other sites to learn java like code academy, W3schools, MIT Open course ware , Tutorial point , some of them teach basic and some teach program.