AutoCAD is a basic and standard 2D CAD (Computer-aided design) that is No. 1 CAD software in the list of top CAD software. It was developed by Autodesk.
It is a CAD software mainly used in the design of machines, construction layout of houses, the electric circuit diagram and it can be used for developing house hold articles. It is the first software developed in 1970’s for design and drawing. The program is so powerful that it can make any objects of human need. It was developed by Autodesk the leading graphic and engineering software developer.
If a product is designed in 3D model it will go to the manufacturing plant in a set of 2D drawings with the dimensions of every product. For developing and creating drawings no software competitor so far today defeated this product.
AutoCAD is Developed by Autodesk Inc.one of the top ranked software company. The other packages of this vendor include Autodesk 3ds max and Autodesk Maya for Graphics and animation purpose. AutoCAD Mechanical, Autodesk Alias design for design industry, Autodesk Revit for Civil Engineers and many more. All are used in design industry, Graphics Industry, Construction work and research work.
● Resizable dialog boxes – You can View more information with less scrolling
● Smart Dimensioning – You can Create measurements based on your drawing context.
● Enhanced PDFs -The newer PDFs are smaller, smarter, and more searchable.
● Refined interface – The darker interface helps reduce eyestrain and so dimensions are clearly visible.
● Revision clouds – This version allows to Create and modify revision clouds more easily.
● With Online maps you can Capture online maps as static images and print them.
● Surface Curve Extraction tool – This version also supports to extract isoline curves.
● Stunning Visual Experience – You can see the details in your drawings more clearly.
● Connected design solutions -This Will Integrate your desktop, cloud, and mobile workflow.
● Design feed Work on an intranet, Internet, or cloud connection.
● Retina display support supports for high-resolution graphics on a Retina display.
Operating System : Microsoft® Windows® 10 (requires AutoCAD 2016 SP1) ,Microsoft Windows 8/8.1, Microsoft Windows 7
CPU Type :Minimum Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon™ 64 processor
Memory :Minimum 4 GB (8 GB recommended)
Display Resolution :1024×768 (1600×1050 or higher recommended) with True Color
Display Card :Windows display adapter capable of 1024×768 with True Color capabilities. DirectX® 9 or DirectX 11 compliant card recommended.
Installation Space : 6 GB
Pointing Device :MS-Mouse compliant device
Browser :Windows Internet Explorer® 9.0 (or later)
.NET Framework :.NET Framework Version 4.5
Network :Deployment via Deployment Wizard..
Additional Requirements for Large Data sets, Point Clouds, and 3D Modeling
Memory : 8 GB RAM or greater
Disk Space : 6 GB free hard disk available, not including installation requirements
Display Card : 1600×1050 or greater True Color video display adapter; 128 MB VRAM or greater; Pixel Shader 3.0 or greater; Direct3D®-capable workstation class graphics card.
The license server and all workstations that will run applications dependent on network licensing must run TCP/IP protocol.Either Microsoft® or Novell TCP/IP protocol stacks are acceptable. Primary login on workstations may be Netware or Windows.In addition to operating systems supported for the application, the license server will run on the Windows Server® 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2008, Windows 2008 R2 Server editions.
Citrix® XenApp™ 6.5 FP1, Citrix® Endoscope™ 5.6.
Open the download File and Extract it to the desired Folder. Double click the setup file or right click and choose Run as Administrator. Click yes in the alert box.
Click on the install Tools and utilities button. we recommend you to check Autodesk cad manager tools. If you are group of regular users and need network license, then go for network license. similarly, if you work AutoCAD on multiple system use Auto Cad content service. If you are single user check only Auto desk cad manager tools because the other tools consume space and memory and your system will be slow.
Now click on install now button choose your country from dropdown menu the default is United States. Click on I accept Radio button and choose next.
For a single pc installation choose Stand-Alone License. If your system in connected in a network, choose network license. In product Information section we recommend you to choose “try this product for 30 days” and click next. If you have already purchased, you can enter your serial number and product key in which you will get in your mail or dvd.
Choose the components you want. If you want to explore all features, choose all the components. In the installation path we recommend you not to install in C drive since it takes nearly 5gb space. Choose any other directory. Just wait for 10 to 20 minutes to complete the installation (installation time depends upon your hardware specs)
after that run AutoCAD 2016 agree the privacy statement. Choose “Try”, the trial pack can be used for 30 days. We recommend you to try before buying. Students and Professors can use AutoCAD educational version and get license from Free education license products
AutoCAD is the standard software in design industry. It is also the most used product for 2D CAD. There is nothing cons with the product. We advise you and recommend to buy if you are a CAD designer and user. If you want to go with the best CAD program, then you don’t need to look for other products just try and use AutoCAD. Students can use educational version but for others who look for cheap CAD software there are a lot of cad programs like Nano cad, Archi cad, Draft sight, Libre cad, Rhino 5 and many more. We tested this program in windows 7 Operating System .This program is rated 4.5 out of 5.
● Industry standard and powerful cad software
● Very user friendly with so much support.
● It is benchmark for all 2D cad software’s.
● It supports lot of formats.
● Comes with Trail version
● License is very expensive.
● You need high configuration machines for advanced usage.
● AutoCAD 2016 x32 Free Download
● AutoCAD 2017 x32 Free Download(Latest)
● AutoCAD 2017 x64 Free Download(Latest)
● AutoCAD 2015 x32 Free Download
● AutoCAD 2015 x64 Free Download
● AutoCAD 2015 for MAC Free Download
Autodesk provides plenty of supports.The help feature in AutoCAD displays the commands with animation. For some commands there will be separate videos in help section.
● Autodesk provides the reference for all commands in their website.
● Learn through YouTube in this playlist How to Tuts.
● If you want Autodesk certification learn through Autodesk university.
● Lynda offers great tutorials at reasonable price as AutoCAD Video Tutorials.
● Some other sites like cadtutor.net , Draftperson.net ,tutorial45.com provide free tutorials and tips.